Welcome to the High School Counselor Page!
I am so glad you stopped by my page! I hope this page has information that will help students navigate their way as they succeed in high school, get ready for college, and set goals to reach their dreams…whatever those dreams may be! I look forward to helping you!
My email is email@example.com
My phone # is 284-2504
Please contact me anytime if you have questions or concerns!
ACT Test Dates
Go to www.act.org to register!
|Test Date||Registration Deadline|
|October 27, 2018||September 28, 2018|
|December 8, 2018||November 2, 2018|
|February 9, 2019||January 11, 2019|
|April 13, 2019||March 8, 2019|
|June 8, 2019||May 3, 2019|
|July 13, 2019||June 14, 2019|
We will give JUNIORS the ACT test for FREE here at school on February 20th!
ACT Test Prep
If you need practice for the ACT…
- Come get a ACT study guide from Mrs. Emerson or go to www.act.org to download one
- Check out websites like…
- www.number2.com – free, lots of practice questions!
- Check out ACT prep Apps on your phone:
- Play2Prep (kind of like words with friends…you can challenge each other!)
- ACT Question of the Day
Juniors: We will have a 2 day ACT prep class in January here at school!
Smart Core Courses Required for Graduation
(Beginning with the freshman class of 2017-2018)
23.5 Credits are needed to graduate
- English – 4 Units
- Oral Communications – 0.5 Units
- Science – 3 Units
- Social Studies – 3 Units
- Mathematics – 4 Units
- Fine Arts – 0.5 Units
- Health & Safety – 0.5 Units
- Physical Education – 0.5 Units
- Personal Finance – 0.5 Units
- Computer Business Applications – 1 Unit
- Career Focus Electives – 6 Units
*Courses chosen from Course Codes beginning with a 4 or 5
At least 0.5 credits must be a digital learning credit!